Entradas con "Translation" disponen de versión castellana.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Prole 19 Silent Dance


Prole has published my poem, Silent Dance in issue #19. Prole pays royalties, so I'm posting the link here to purchase it, rather than posting the poem.
Prole, Poetry and Prose, Issue 19.
I read it yesterday, Sant Jordi, in the Plaza del Pi, where I was invited to read by the Pintors del Pi. I wrote a translation and read that as well, and that is what I'm posting here.
Silent Dance is yet another poem dedicated to the memory of Pep. Today marks 18 years since that first kiss. I can still hear him singing Aute to me. 143

Esta silenciosa danza

Maldito baile de muertos. Hace
que la lucha por enamorarse
se asemeje a una noche de botellón;

que la tinta desaparezca del papel
para surgir después entre sinapsis
o en medio de alguna tarde;

que un soplo de aire desde un portal
(humo de tabaco negro, insinuación
de cloro) sepa a aquella isla;

que la iluminación de la luna sobre
este sillón tapizado recoja notas de
Aute. Al Alba en falsete tremuloso.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2008-2024 Kymm Coveney - All rights reserved.